Free Family Christmas Nativity Pageant

Some times the true meaning of Christmas gets lost in the lists of things and traditions. However, there are two live free nativity pageants that I know of here in the island that you may be interested in.

The first one happened last bight and will again tonight. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints does a live nativity with real actors and animals. Tonight's showings are at 7, 7:40, and 8pm. Each show lasts 15 mins with free cookies and hot chocolate afterwards. This takes place at 10 Northridge Parkway in Charlottetown PE. my family and I will be attending this evening, it would be lovely to see you there. Last year my husband was one of the wiseman and my son was a shepherd. They loved being part of it.

The second event takes place this Saturday evening, December 17, 6-9pm at the York United church in York PE. It's a drive through Bethlehem. You stay in your car and drive through te village of Bethlehem meeting others who are looking for the Christ child. It's a wonderful evening. Although the line up can be rather long at times, I suggest parking your car on the road or at the post office down the road from the church and walking through the nativity. It brings a whole new feeling to it. At the end you are asked to make a donation if you like. They donate all proceeds to a local charity. Last year I played a role in it. This year, bezoar of our newborn, I won't be, but I'll have several family members that have taken my place.

I hope you are able to make it to one of these events as they truly help bring in the real Christmas spirit.

Do you have a frugal way of keeping the true meaning of Christmas? I would love to share them with our readers.

Enjoy!

No comments: