Stocking up on eggs and butter

Shoppers Drug Mart has on sale tomorrow eggs for $1.79 a dozen and butter for $2.49 a lbs. It is for tomorrow only. Freeze them and stock up, this is a great savings. There are other great deals this week in the flyers (especially Superstore!), but I don't get the food flyer for Shoppers for some reason. The rest of the flyer comes, just not this part. I have a great friend that calls me when these things go on sale, and since I don't think that I am the only one that doesn't get this insert, I thought it best to post it on here.

If you aren't sure how to freeze eggs, it's rather simple. All you need are resealable bags and and ice cube tray.

Crack eggs and put them in each compartment of the ice cube tray, freeze and then empty them into the resealable bags. To thaw, put them in the fridge and wait until completely thawed; then only use them in recipes that the eggs will be cooked in.

Happy stocking up!

*By the way, it says there is a limit, but it doesn't say that you can't come into the store several times, nor does it say per family. So get your family together to go in and get their limit also!

Enjoy your day!

No comments: