Reader Comments and Deals

Blogger Jane said...

I still have several bottles of olive oil from the last time No Frills had it on sale! Same price - what a bargain!
Giant Tiger has Kellog's cereals on for 1/2 price!
April 30, 2011 8:07 AM


Anonymous Anonymous said...

How will you be able to use it all before it goes rancid? I have read that EVOO should be used within 6 months.
May 1, 2011 11:31 AM


Anonymous Amie Ceron said...

It is a great deal, however be careful with large amounts of EVOO because it doesn't have a long shelf life. It oxidize in about 6 weeks so be sure to use it up by then. Also storing in a dark place or buying a brand that has darker packaging can preserve it.
Liz says:
I have done some research on olive oil as well, and I check for expiration dates. Olive oil doesn't last long here because I bake my bread with it. But it is important to check dates and store it properly. Ours is kept in a cool dark place and hasn't gone rancid yet. For some more information about storing olive oil, please check out this link and this one. There is also a lot of debate over whether it's better to store it in the fridge or not. I think that comes down to a personal decision as there is a lot for and against it. Thanks for all the responses!

No comments: