A comeback on blogging

My apologies for falling out of the loop. You know how they say breaking a good habit is easier than starting one? Well, I can attest to that. After being away for a week on a trip, it was hard to get back in to the grind.

This past week, my husband, father in law and myself learned the art of laying hardwood floor. We bought this beautiful Oak hardwood that worked out to be $2.79 a square foot with taxes in and after a rebate and sale awhile ago. This past week, we got around to laying it. It was rather intimidating to start it and to make sure it was squared. However, we learned a new skill, how to appreciate others work a tad more and saved DOLLARS!  All of these things are a great thing!

This is a great way that you can save money around the home, now with libraries in every home (internet) we can enlist videos and other's knowledge on how to do many things. What do you do around your home to save money? Please send it in and we can have a reader's post on it.

The other lovely dollar saving thing that I was able to have yesterday, was four wonderful loads drying outside on my clothesline. That's $3 in my pocket and not Maritime Electric's!  Gotta love this spring weather!

With spring here, I have a question for you: are you planning a vegetable garden this year? We have had one as long as I can remember. It's always been a part of my life, and living on PEI, we are blessed with VERY fertile soil. Today, my children and I are planting some more transplant seeds to grow in our beautiful sunny room.

What kind of gardening do you do? We are sort of a square foot gardeners. I bottle what we don't eat or give away. In fact, we are currently on our last bottle of salsa and just ran out of tomatoes last month. I am praying that we have a bounteous harvest again this year.

Join with me in gardening, whether you have acres, a small plot or a balcony. Everyone can do it. There is nothing like seeing your food grow and then eating it and it's a great way to keep it VERY local and save some dollars.

Tell me, what are you going to grow in your garden? Send us your garden list and we'll post it! Keep us updated through out the summer and share some tips on canning, preserving, and some photos on how your garden grows. Email me at smile_zil at yahoo dot ca

Enjoy your day!

1 comment:

Missus @ Escape to the Farm said...

We (read: mostly my husband) are planting a handful of acres for our vegetable market garden.

Today will be largely spent putting up an electric fence to keep the deer out of the lettuce.

There's going to be a lot of disappointed deer around here this summer!